Monday, November 11, 2013

Chamber Brings on Kim Queen to Lead Sandpoint B.I.D.

The Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed Kim Queen who joined the Chamber as the new Business Improvement District (B.I.D.) Manager. Kim started in the position on October 16th after leaving Sandpoint’s oldest non-profit, the Pend Oreille Arts Council (POAC), as their Executive Director of seven years. Her non-profit expertise more than fifteen years deep and brings extensive management experience, as well as an insider’s look, to the B.I.D. Manager position.

“As a B.I.D. member with POAC, paying the assessment tax, I was never sure what the benefit was,” explained Kim. “Granted, I didn’t educate myself or take an active role in the process. I simply paid the bill and went on with business.”

Kim was born in Portland, OR and attended high school and college in Vancouver, WA. After college and before she moved to our community, she held the position of Fund Development Manager at the First Place School in Seattle for six and half years and worked at the Northwest AIDS Foundation for one and half years. She relocated to our area to become the Executive Director of POAC and has since fallen in love and made this her home.

“I want to work with B.I.D. folks and figure out what improvements can be made and how the new Sandpoint B.I.D. organization can benefit you and the community. It is my goal to get to know the concerns of all our B.I.D. members and I will have an open door policy.”

Since taking the B.I.D. Manager position, Kim and the Chamber Staff undertook a strategic planning process to help guide the newly formed Sandpoint B.I.D. organization under the Chamber’s umbrella. The first weeks on the job have included meetings with various groups including the City of Sandpoint, Tourism Sandpoint, SURA and Sandpoint Shopping District, as well as planning the Holiday’s celebration themed this year Home for the Holidays.

“If you see me out and about, please introduce yourself and I look forward to meeting you!”


For more information about the Sandpoint B.I.D., call 208-263-2161 or email Kim Queen at kim@sandpointchamber.com