Monday, December 9, 2013

Chamber Honors Matt Mire as Volunteer of the Month

The Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce honored Matt Mire as November's Volunteer of the Month. Matt's contributions to the community are very influential for many organizations. He lends in a hand in a variety of ways and undertakes a leadership position when he can.

Giving back to the community is clearly a large value of Matt's. He volunteers his time to teach Junior Achievement in the schools, assists the Upward Basketball program and coaches youth t-ball and basketball. He organizes and participates in community projects through Mountain West Bank such as their recent annual Day of Caring. This year, they painted a house and completed various projects for Head Start. As of the moment, he is currently the Bulldog Bench's Treasurer and the Hospital Foundation Board of Director's Treasurer. 

“Sandpoint is where I was raised and where I call home, I suppose those are the primary reasons why I enjoy volunteering and giving back as I’m forever grateful to the many teachers, coaches, and community members who played important roles during my youth," explained Matt. He continued with, "now that I have young kids I feel even more vested in our community.”

Please join the Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce in congratulating Matt Mire for being honored as the Volunteer of the Month and thanking him for all of his contributions to our community. From the Greater Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce, as well as the whole community, Thank You! 


Photo: left to right, Matt Mire and Barbara Schriber.